Dr. E Shares Her Perspective on What It’s Like to Be a Dentist
Do you remember the moment you decided upon your chosen profession? For Dr. Janet Euzarraga, that moment occurred in the dental chair at 10-years-old! Dr. E’s unfortunate altercation with a softball led to an unexpected trip to the dentist – yet it was that experience that also uncovered a budding passion for dentistry. During that dental visit, she discovered the amazing things the dentist could do to fix her front tooth and she set her sights on becoming a dentist!
Fast-forward 15 years later. Dr. E attended college and obtained her dental degree from Loyola University of School of Dentistry in Chicago, achieving her childhood dream and goal of becoming a dentist! She has since had the privilege of practicing dentistry for more than 30 years and she has enjoyed serving patients in the Ahwatukee community for the past 18 years!
Now that she is “living her dream,” what is it really like for Dr. E and others who practice dentistry? We thought you might be curious! So, Dr. E is sharing what it’s really like to be a dentist, below:
Choosing a Dental “Path”
Once the 4+years of dental study and training are complete and the dental boards have been passed with flying colors, dentists must decide on whether they will enter into a general private practice or specialize in an area of dentistry such as endodontics or orthodontics. Dr. E began practicing in Illinois and eventually moved to Arizona. She treated patients in various group practices, but the idea of a small, personal office was appealing to enable her to take a more patient-oriented approach to treatment. Through her private practice, Dr. E Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, she is grateful to work in an environment where she is able to get to know her patients, address their concerns and work closely with them to achieve their dental health goals.
A “Day in the Life” of a Dentist
What does a general dentist typically “do” day-in-day-out? While dental needs vary from patient to patient, general dentists like Dr. E typically focus on the following key areas:
- Performing comprehensive dental well checks
- Examining and assess diagnostic x-rays
- Diagnosing patients and recommend treatment methods
- Educating patients about their treatment options and needs
- Educating patients on how to practice proper oral health
- Performing common general and cosmetic dental procedures such as tooth extractions, bridges, crowns, root canals, veneers, bonding, implants, etc.)
- Overseeing dental staff (hygienists, front and back office staff, etc.)
- When necessary, referring patients to other dental specialists (oral surgeons, orthodontists, etc.) for more specialized procedures and treatments
- Keeping up with the latest dental trends, techniques and tools to deliver cutting-edge care to patients
As you can see, your oral health is Dr. E’s business! She is passionate about your dental health and truly grateful and honored to be living her dream while serving the dental needs of Ahwatukee families.
Is it time for your dental check-in with Dr. E Cosmetic & Family Dentistry? Contact us today: 480-494-2435